Hotel Statistics Interface for CIA Online Labor Reporting
This process has been developed to transfer daily statistics that affect payroll scheduling from a host system (hotel tracking or accounting system) to the CIA Online Reporting portal. Each day, a file is produced by the host system that contains daily statistical information. This file is transferred to the CIA website. An application on the CIA website inserts the data into the online database.
Step by Step
The host system should collect the following data for each managed property on a daily basis:
- Rooms Sold
- Room Revenue
- Hotel Revenue
- Occupied Rooms
- Prior Days Rooms
- Out Of Order Rooms
- Guest Count
- Extended Stay Occupied
- Prior Days Extended Stay Occupied
- Extended Stay Revenue
The steps to be completed by the host system are:
- At a pre-determined time, a process is run that gathers these statistics for the day just ended and puts in a text file (.csv) format.
- One file for each property is transmitted to an FTP site accessible to CIA. The customer and CIA work together to determine who will host this site and how it will be secured.
The steps to be completed by the CIA Online Portal are:
- Monitor the predetermined FTP drop location for new files and process them as needed.
- Insert the data into the online SQL Server database.
The daily file will be named pppp%STATVALUESyyyymmdd.CSV, where:
pppp is a unique hotel property identifier
yyyymmdd is the date associated with the data in Year, Month, Day format
The CSV file will have 4 values per row separated by commas. The values in each row are:
|HotelID||The unique Hotel Property Identifier. This is a repeat of the value included in the file name (see section above)|
|Date||The date associated with the data. If the file is posted after night audit is complete, then this is yesterday.|
|StatCode||A predetermined 3 digit code (see table below)|
|Actual Value||The data value.|
The StatCode to use are:
|102||Prior Days Rooms|
|200||Out Of Order Rooms|
|206||Extended Stay Occupied|
|207||Prior Days Extended Stay Occupied|
|208||Extended Stay Revenue|